MAEd in Science Teaching
- 12-Month Program Beginning in May 2024
36 Semester Hours
BW’s full-time MAEd in Science Teaching is designed to meet the need for passionate, skilled science teachers in northeast Ohio, statewide and nationally. In just 12 months, students who have a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or related scientific discipline can gain the preparation needed to become highly-effective science teachers for grades 7-12.
This intensive, one-year program begins in May and prepares students to teach by the following summer. Students will master research-based teaching strategies that incorporate inquiry-based learning and technology integration. The program includes five-days-per-week field and clinical experiences in local schools, and an integrative seminar that supports the student’s professional development as a teacher.
Graduates of the program are guaranteed job interviews for any open position in the students’ teaching field within the placement school district.
- 12-month, full-time program starting in May, with MAEd and license completion at the end of the following spring semester, so students are eligible to teach in the fall
- Cohort model where students form close professional relationships with classmates and faculty
- Individualized mentoring by assigned supervising faculty in the placement district
- Extensive field and clinical work in classrooms throughout the academic year
- Comprehensive program price that includes tuition, books, and fees for professional association memberships and background checks
BW Choose Ohio First STEM Teaching Scholars Program
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) has granted Baldwin Wallace University the funds to award one-time Choose Ohio First Teaching scholarships of up to $8,000 to students admitted into the MAEd in mathematics or science teaching programs that begin May 2024. Learn more about the BW STEM Teaching Scholars Program.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Clicking the “Learn More” button above constitutes your expressed written consent to be emailed, called and/or texted by Baldwin Wallace University and its educational partners at the address(es) and number(s) you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand that these messages may be generated using an automated technology.