MAEd in Mathematics Teaching
- 12-Month Program Beginning in May 2023
36 Semester Hours
BW’s full-time MAEd in Mathematics Teaching is designed to meet the need for passionate, skilled mathematics teachers in Ohio. In just 12 months, students who have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics may acquire the skills needed to become highly-effective mathematics teachers for grades 7-12.
This intensive, one-year program begins in May 2024 and prepares students to teach as soon as summer 2025 after they pass their licensure examination. Students will become immersed in research-based teaching strategies that incorporate inquiry-based learning and technology integration. The program includes five-days-per-week field and clinical experiences in local schools, and an integrative seminar that supports the student’s professional development as a teacher.
Graduates of the program are guaranteed job interviews for any open position in the students’ teaching field within the placement school district.*
- 12-month, full-time program starting in May 2023, with MAEd and license completion at the end of the following spring semester, so students may be eligible to teach as soon as Fall 2024
- Cohort model where students form close professional relationships with classmates and faculty
- Individualized mentoring by assigned supervising faculty in the placement district
- Extensive field and clinical work in classrooms throughout the academic year
- Comprehensive program price that includes tuition, books, and fees for professional association memberships and background checks
BW Choose STEM Teaching Scholars Program
The Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) has granted Baldwin Wallace University the funds to award one-time Choose Ohio First Teaching scholarships of up to $8,000 to students admitted into the MAEd in Mathematics or Science Teaching programs that begin May 2024. Learn more about the BW STEM Teaching Scholars Program.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Clicking the “Learn More” button above constitutes your expressed written consent to be emailed, called and/or texted by Baldwin Wallace University and its educational partners at the address(es) and number(s) you provided, regarding furthering your education. You understand that these messages may be generated using an automated technology.